Notes from Susan

Go down

Re: Notes from Susan

Post by karinsuezen on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:28 pm

if certain people are on here, i learnt how to do the pics, you just had to be patient with me.....it's sort of i learn in my own time....my mind has to be open......

i know i shouldn't be saying this, but...that's the truth of it all
karinsuezen

Back to top Go down

Notes from Susan

Post by karinsuezen on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:29 pm

and it all depends on who teaches me....

when i was little, and i was in school to learn how to read and write the language of my grandparents....my teacher tried to teach us the months.....i didn't get it...

my grandfather said it to me twice, and to this day i still remember how to say the months....not too many use them, but still, i know how....so there you are...

and no one could teach me how to tell time...but he did in like 10 minutes.....
karinsuezen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dianne2 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:11 am

Susan it sounds like your grandfather was a very patient, loving man and it is evident you feel a lot of love for him.  All of the grandkids my age were afraid of my grandfather except me. I would sit on his lap and talk to him. So he always had M&Ms in his shirt pocket when my family would visit. Just for me. No one else got any. 
Dianne2

Back to top Go down

Post by karinsuezen on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:32 am

yes my grandfather wasn't close to my sister....he wanted to be, but, she kind of didn't give him the time of day...

it was just the two of us, as he only had one child, my mom, so...

oh wow, wonder why all the kids were afraid of your grandfather, he sounds like a great man, kind of like mine...

susan
karinsuezen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dianne2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 am

He was very quiet and stoic. Since he didn't run around outside playing with them or laughing with them, maybe that was the reason.  I heard my grandmother say he didn't like children once. Well, I liked him and he returned the affection even though he didn't talk a lot. I made sure I took my kids over to see him when they were small. He would smile when we walked in and he would always ask them if they were being good for their momma.  He passed away when they were very small.
Dianne2

Back to top Go down

Post by karinsuezen on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 am

aw i'm sorry

yes, you were probably his favourite....and all that, sometimes just one child is a favourite....

susan
karinsuezen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down